Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Top 10 Tired

For a girl who woke up 3 hours ago, boredom has sure set in quickly. And with the snow storm in our midst, it seems like leaving the house is not an option. Which brings me to this post. I'm going to make some "Top 10" lists. 
(My best friend made me do it.)

So here we go. My first Top 10 list of the new year.

Top 10 Things That Make Me Tired
1.) Rain
2.) Staring at the computer screen for too long
3.) Reading books. That small print sucks.
4.) Waking up from a nap, realizing you have nothing better to & then proceeding to lay unmoving for the next hour. All is does it make me want to go back to sleep. Which, indeed, I proceed to do.
5.) Watching movies with no humor. (Insert any drama or macho-gun-muscle movie here).
6.) Hearing my dogs snore. (People-- not so much.)
7.) Driving for long periods of time, where all you see is black pavement and you begin to race any car, just to have something to do.
8.) Listening to classical music. And some country music, for that matter. Anything that sounds depressing, whines about a lost love and whiskey, or has string quartets.
9.) Cold weather; no one wants to be cold, so the logical thing is to wrap oneself up in fuzzy blankets, essentially starting the sleeping process. Which is why I both hate, and love, the cold.
10.) Solitude. Leave me alone for too long, without any human contact, and sure enough you'll find a dozer on the couch.

Alright, that went over well. Now onto my random rant of the day: I do not understand why people keep using "SMH" in both blogs, Facebook statuses, and Tweets. Yes, I understand that it means "Shake My Head" but why must you insert it in the most random of places? Like "Oh, my favorite team lost. Smh." or "Smh, you're funny!" Imagery is a great literary device but this "Smmmmuh"-ing business is something I don't understand. Explain it to me? Thanks.


Food for Thought?
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what’s empty. Empty what’s full. Scratch where it itches. -Alice Roosevelt Longworth

No comments:

Post a Comment