Friday, February 18, 2011

Whaddupppp, what's happening

Well, I would apologize for not blogging for almost a month...however, no one really reads this, so I feel no immediate need to explain what has kept me from this site.

But in case you were wondering what I've been up to...meh. The usual. A few papers here and there, as I try to master MLA, APA, and Chicago/Turabian format. (And I'd just like to insert here how absolutely ridiculous the last format is.) I'm still making that money as a tutor, which I'm learning to like more and more. Some days, when I have great appointments and I see that "A-ha!" moment students have...well, it kind of makes me want to become a teacher or mentor. But then I remember that my mother is a teacher. And then I remember how I promised myself I would not turn into a clone of my mother, no matter how much I love her. And then I also remember I am just a History B.A. major and that if I were to contemplate switching to B.S.Ed, I'd have to take a ridiculous amount of useless classes like Economics and Math, which has nothing to do with history.

Therefore, I am quite content with where I am right now.

In other news, this recent weather has gotten my hyped for Spring. My favorite time of the year! (You should all take this time to record that my birthday is in May and yes, it's a big deal.) However, it is only February 18th and snow and rain are in the forecast for this coming week. I would have loved to rant about those crazy kids wearing shorts and flip-flops all over campus this week, and trust me, I intended to-- until I decided to wear shorts and flip-flops today. Peer pressure? Maybe. But this 60 degree weather was too great to pass up. However, I am worried because as I am typing this, I'm seeing leaves and small animals flying by my window with this horrible wind. (And I sort of forgot my coat and proper shoe attire at school. Oops.)

I have attempted to follow my "let's not bitch" blog, and I'd say I've done pretty decent so far. Sure, a couple fun rants here and there but I'm proud of myself. Slowly but surely, I'm making a change. Are you?


Things I'm Obsessed with This Week:
1.) The Bachelor - Yes, it's one of the most fake shows on the planet and I had no desire to watch it but, long story short, I was bored and watched all the available episodes on Hulu. I'm addicted. Watch this season. If you're male and reading this, you're probably scoffing and thinking "yeah, right" but if it makes you feel any better, a select group of individuals in my life (all macho football-playing heterosexuals) gather to watch this weekly. Now, I won't name names, and I always thought it was ridiculous & made fun of my best friend for going to watch it with them... but I take it allllllll back.
2.) StumbleUpon.com - We all know I love procrastination. (Well, I guess you could call it a love-hate kinda thing.) And this website has made this process SO much better. I'm finding the best websites; hysterical blogs to GREAT vegan recipes. Create an account if you haven't already, it's free.
3.) Twitter - Now, those who know me are aware of my Twitter addiction but this week, it just keeps getting better. My sorority sisters were able to talk to Rob Kardashian just by tweeting him and Justin Bieber has been retweeting all of his fans. In fact, Guiliana Rancic responded to me before & it just about made my day. I love this site. Now, hurry up and make an account so I have more people to tweet!
4.) Justin Bieber - I would have written an entire blog entry about this precious little singer. However, you would have probably stopped reading immediately. His new movie just came out in 3D and bless his heart, he's been visiting fans in theaters ever since. I'm not going to become a cougar and prey on this 16 year old sensation, but I think his songs are cute, catchy, and think people (generally males) give him too much grief. Wait until he's legal to start hating on him. Okay? Great.
5.) HTC Incredible Phone - My new cellular device. And yes...this is phone #14. Cheaper than the iPhone and yes, it's on the Android system, but it's doing me wonders. I've never had a touch screen before in my life...or the internet! But I love finding new things to do on it everyday and I'm glad I haven't gotten into the iPhone frenzy. 

If you really cared to read all of this, God love ya. I know it was long. I'll try to become more regular with my postings...maybe.


Oh, and Food for Thought:
"You'll seldom experience regret for anything that you've done. It is what you haven't done that will torment you. The message, therefore, is clear. Do it! Develop an appreciation for the present moment. Seize every second of your life and savor it. Value your present moments. Using them up in any self-defeating ways means you've lost them forever."
-Wayne Dyer 


No comments:

Post a Comment